Golf Course Open from 2 April
Posted on: 1 April
Attention all members and players,
After reconsideration, the Office of Sport – NSW Government has advised that golf is considered an activity that can continue to be played in line with Public Health Orders relating to public gathering limits, social distancing and the elderly.
NSW Government orders directs that a person must not participate in a gathering in a public place of more than 2 persons. Exceptions include gatherings of members of the same household. Golf NSW has advised that this does NOT include golf carts.
Maintaining the public’s physical and mental well – being is now as important as ever. Where possible, it is important sporting clubs and organisations continue to allow people to exercise, so long as social distancing is practised and rules around public gatherings of no more than two people are complied with.
Accordingly the Board, following directions and conversations with Golf NSW, have agreed to re-open the Coolamatong Golf Course with the following restrictions:
- Strictly only 2 persons playing together at any one point.Strictly limiting the use of members carts to one person and one golf bag only.
- Members are encouraged to make their own playing arrangements and come at different days & times rather than on a Wednesday and Sunday at the “usual” competition time
- Properly completed score cards may be submitted for submission to Golf Link for handicapping purposes.
- There shall be no cart hire available.
- There shall be no gatherings or more than 2 persons within the vicinity of the club, at any time, including the car parking areas.
- Any person failing to adhere to the above may be liable to a suspension.